DHG proactively helps corporate finance and management manage the complexities of an M&A transaction.
A merger or acquisition transaction proposes great opportunity as well as great risk. Nevertheless, the forthcoming value of an M&A deal propels its ongoing activity in the marketplace.
Factors that typically drive M&A transaction volume include:
- General company reorganization
- Calculated acquisitions by competitors
- Attraction of U.S. businesses to foreign buyers
- Corporate valuations based on fluctuating market conditions
DHG can help identify solutions to otherwise overlooked challenges.
As M&A tax impacts may materially affect a company’s transaction, it is important to consider the possible issues that may arise should you proceed in merging with, acquiring or disposing of a business entity. Issues may include:
- Ordinary vs. capital gain
- Legal status of prospective target
- Financing structure
- Tax attribute remainders
- Sales taxes
- Transaction costs
- Filing requirements
- Accumulated liability
Our resourceful professionals collaborate experience and knowledge to help capitalize on opportunity and mitigate risk.
DHG M&A tax professionals proactively help clients deal with the buying, selling, dividing and combining of entities. Our set of comprehensive services include, but are not limited to:
- Structuring Taxable and Tax Free Transactions
- Buy-Side Due Diligence
- Sell-Side Due Diligence
- Transaction Cost Analysis
- Valuation and Purchase Price Allocations
- Buy/Sell Succession Planning